top of page

Student Group

Public·40 members
Johnny Daniels
Johnny Daniels

Best Buy $50 Gift Card Offer ((LINK))

Gift $50, get $10: Select $50 gift cards at Best Buy(Opens in a new tab) come with a free $10 Best Buy gift card as of Dec. 7. Indirectly, if all gift cards are used, you'll save 20%. Options include Vudu, Chipotle, and Build A Bear Workshop.

best buy $50 gift card offer

Getting fifty bucks back on a two hundred dollar purchase at Best Buy is obviously a great deal if you have any planned purchases, but this could also be great for their gift card rack if you want to lock in a discount with another brand.

Keep in mind that Best Buy gift cards purchased online are actually sold by Cashstar, so I would not expect this offer to work for Best Buy gift cards purchased online. While the offer terms exclude Best Buy gift cards, I expect those purchased in store to work.

One other thing to note is that if you purchase multiple things in a single online order, it is possible that Best Buy might charge those purchases separately as items ship. It would be best to purchase one $200+ item or head to the store to avoid your order being split since offer terms sound like the $200 needs to be charged in a single transaction.

The big box retailer is offering a free $50 gift card(Opens in a new window) when you buy an iPhone 5c with a two-year carrier agreement. This 5c costs $99.99 for the 16GB model while the 32GB version is $150.

The promotion is only available when you purchase the device in one of Best Buy's physical retail stores, or use the in-store pickup option, according to the fine print. The gift card can then be put towards the iPhone 5c purchase, or used for future transactions at Best Buy.

Meanwhile, if you're not an Apple fan, don't fret. In addition to the iPhone 5c, Best Buy is offering the free $50 gift card deal on Samsung Galaxy smartphones(Opens in a new window), including the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note II.

Black Friday ads have slowly started to leak out, and the latest is Best Buy's Black Friday ad. As usual, there aren't any deals to be had on Apple hardware, but Best Buy is going to have quite a good deal on a $50 iTunes giftcard. During its Black Friday sale, Best Buy will offer the $50 gift cards for a whopping 20% off -- so it's only $40. If you do a lot of iTunes Store purchasing, that's actually quite a good deal -- you might want to stock up on the cards while they're on sale.Other Apple products featured in the Best Buy Black Friday ad:

According to Best Buy, customers will get a $50 gift card with the phone and can apply that to the $99.99 device, bringing the phone cost down to $50. Best Buy will also offer the deal on Samsung Galaxy smartphones, including the $199 Samsung Galaxy S4, bringing the cost of the phone to approximately $150.

This is not limited to merchandise purchases as some people suspect. Guests can uses gift cards to purchase Disney Theme Park tickets, meals in Disney Theme Parks, and Stays at Disney Resort Hotels.

It looks as if shoppers can now purchase 2 gift cards per person by buying one at the time through separate transactions. I tried it a few minutes ago with success. I was cut off after 2 saying my limited had been reached after that.

The terms do state that gift card purchases are excluded, though often the intent of that is in reference to gift cards specifically with that retailer, or cash-equivalent gift cards, which essentially act as debit cards.

Best Buy sells all kinds of third party retail gift cards, so I decided to buy a $50 Lyft gift card. I immediately got an email from Amex stating that I qualified for cash back, so at least on the surface that seemed to work (no guarantees this will work for everyone, though).

I bought a $50 digital gift card to Nordstrom and nothing was triggered from Amex (definitely registered the card for the promo). Did they claw back on the gift card purchases already? Or, did I do something wrong?

Thank you to all the previous commenters; you were a big help. I just used my Best Buy offer and wanted to provide a data point. I purchased wireless ear buds for $99.99 plus $9 in tax. I first tried to use Apple Pay but that didn't trigger the offer. I canceled 10 minutes later on the Best Buy site and tried again by entering my credit card info directly. Got the Amex Offers email...

Thank you to all the previous commenters; you were a big help. I just used my Best Buy offer and wanted to provide a data point. I purchased wireless ear buds for $99.99 plus $9 in tax. I first tried to use Apple Pay but that didn't trigger the offer. I canceled 10 minutes later on the Best Buy site and tried again by entering my credit card info directly. Got the Amex Offers email immediately saying I earned $100 in savings. Hope that helps others looking to use this benefit. Now to find something to buy with my wife's offer!

@Katie I made the same "mistake" with Home Depot as well (buying 2 items totaling $50) a few days ago but I still got the $50 credit today. I also bought a $50 Delta Gift Card from Best Buy a few days ago and it triggered the credit as of today. It seems buying non best buy gift cards still triggers the best buy credit.

@KatieI made the same "mistake" with Home Depot as well (buying 2 items totaling $50) a few days ago but I still got the $50 credit today.I also bought a $50 Delta Gift Card from Best Buy a few days ago and it triggered the credit as of today.It seems buying non best buy gift cards still triggers the best buy credit.

Hey, to respond to AA Flyer, why do we push it with gift cards? Respectfully, because it's fun! It's a thrill, to see if it will work. Besides, my husband and I hate Best Buy. You can't get anything good for under $50 there. Everything is way overpriced, and we no longer buy DVDs. They are going out of style fast. Why buy DVD's when there's streaming? That doesn't leave a lot to buy with...

Hey, to respond to AA Flyer, why do we push it with gift cards? Respectfully, because it's fun! It's a thrill, to see if it will work. Besides, my husband and I hate Best Buy. You can't get anything good for under $50 there. Everything is way overpriced, and we no longer buy DVDs. They are going out of style fast. Why buy DVD's when there's streaming? That doesn't leave a lot to buy with your $50. Gift cards are always a good buy, because then you can do what you want with them.It should also be noted, that the fine print did not specify retailer gift cards on the list of items not allowed. It only said that corporate and group gift cards were exempt. So we're fine. Amex is not going to "claw back" a credit issued for a purchase. They only do that with POINTS, points that you have obtained through prohibited methods, such as manufactured spending. So do your research...

It worked for me with Best Buy offer - I got gift cards to Sephora and Starbucks because I spend a lot at those stores anyway so it was very low risk. I placed the first gift card order on Jan 5 and the credit appeared today. I made a mistake with Home Depot, and that was ordering two separate items that totaled $50. They shipped the items separately and charged my card separately...

It worked for me with Best Buy offer - I got gift cards to Sephora and Starbucks because I spend a lot at those stores anyway so it was very low risk. I placed the first gift card order on Jan 5 and the credit appeared today.I made a mistake with Home Depot, and that was ordering two separate items that totaled $50. They shipped the items separately and charged my card separately so according to customer service that's not going to trigger the credit. So, be mindful when you are making your purchase that it should be one single item totaling $50 or more. As soon as the stuff gets here I'm going to return it to the store. I was just buying stuff to get the credit. I don't need a brownie cutter or a mini blender...

I purchased a physical $50 Delta gift card on the 5th, and I haven't had any notification from Amex re: offer activation. If I don't wind up getting reimbursed, it's no biggie. I can just buy thumb drives or adapters or whatever -- stuff that I inevitably wind up needing for work or home.

I bought a single $50 Uber gift card this morning, which didn't appear to trigger.. and then a single $50 Delta (physical) gift card at noon, which also didn't appear to trigger. It's ok because I'll use both of them, but what am I doing wrong? I've already double-checked that the offer was activated, and that I paid with my Amex. When you say that it triggered, do you mean that you got the email from Amex post-purchase letting you know that the offer was used?

Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. While we do try to list all the best miles and points deals, the site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page